DMBLGIT May 2013 (Does My Blog Look Good in This) is being hosted right here on Veggie Belly! I am very excited to host this amazing food photo contest because I have enjoyed being both a DMBLGIT winner and a judge.
DMBLGIT was started by Andrew of Spittoon Extra several years ago, and this hugely popular food photography contest has been successfully doing its rounds on some wonderful blogs.
- One food or drink photo per person
- The photo must have been posted on your blog during the month of April 2013
- Photo must be text free
- The photo must be taken by you
- Photo must be 500 pixels wide
How to enter
- Email me your photo submission as an attachment to email@example.com
- In your email, please include the following:
- Your name
- Your blogs name and URL
- Title/caption for your photo
- URL of the post where the photo appears
- What camera and lens you used
- Write DMBLGIT in the subject line of the email
- Send me your entry before May 20th 2013
By submitting a photo, you agree to your picture being redisplayed and altered in size on the hosts page and on the SpittooExtra DMBLGIT page.
A panel of wonderful judges (look out for a future post introducing them!) will decide 6 winners based on the following criteria:
- One winner in the Aesthetics category
- One winner in the Edibility category
- One winner in the Originality category
- Three overall winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd places)
Apart from this, one photo that stands out, but wasn’t selected as a winning one by the judges will be chosen by me, the host.
Winners will be announced on May 31st
You can view all DMBLGIT May 2013 entries in this Picasa gallery
Do YOU want to host a future DMBLGIT?! Email Andrew for details! arb(AT)andys-scribblings.co.uk